(makes 1 loaf)
Gluten free, lactose free, vegan. High in fibre, protein and healthy fats! It will store well for 5-7 days, or freeze it pre sliced.
2 cups Filtered water
1 cup Raw sunflower seeds; ground
1 cup Raw almonds; ground
1 tsp Caraway seeds; ground
½ cup Flax/linseeds; ground
2 tbsp Chia seeds; ground
3 tbsp Organic coconut oil; melted
1 ½ tbsp Maple syrup
1 cup Rolled oats; gluten free
½ cup Raw pumpkin seeds
¼ cup Coconut flour
3 tbsp Psyllium husk powder
1 ½ tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tsp Sea salt
Pinch Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch Dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 170 Degrees Celsius.
- Measure out all the nuts and seeds and grind them in a food processor or similar (sunflower, almonds, caraway, flax/linseeds, chia)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup and water until combined.
- In a large sized mixing bowl combine ground nuts and seeds with all of the other dry ingredients (oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut flour, psyllium husk, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, tarragon)
- Pour the wet mixture from the small mixing bowl into the large one and stir well until the wet mixture is well absorbed and the consistency is dough like (if the dough is too dry add more water a little at a time).
- Line a bread pan (9x5) and pour mixture into pan. Evenly spread mixture and press down so firm on top.
- Leave to set at room temperature for 2 hours (or more) so the seed mixture can absorb the liquid and soften (kinder on your digestive system and will hold its shape better)
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Lift it out of the pan, turn it upside down on the baking rack without all the paper and continue in the oven for further 20 – 30 minutes.
- Let it cool at room temperature before slicing.