Wellness Retreats“In order to understand the world, one has to turn away from it on occasion." - Albert Camus
We are very excited that our 2018 African Safari Yoga Retreat has started to take shape, so thank you all for being so patient. As some of you may have already seen on our Facebook page we have chosen the destination of this retreat as the absolutely breath-taking Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. The plan is to arrive on the 1st November and leave on the 8th November 2018 (7 nights/8 days).
Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya (‘the smoke that thunders’), is a waterfall in Southern Africa on the Zambezi River on the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It has been described as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world. In the early 90’s Amanda lived in Africa and spent a lot of time in Zimbabwe; to this day she continues to have close ties with the country as it holds a very special place in her heart. This makes this retreat even more exciting as it is a chance for you to see exactly what it is that makes so many people hold this continent so dear to their hearts… they do say, after all, that Africa gets in your blood!
Accommodation & Trips
Bayete Guest Lodge
Bayete Guest Lodge is where we will be staying, which is situated 3km from Victoria Falls Town, and 22km from Victoria Falls International Airport. Take a little look at their website below to see some photographs:
Chobe Day Trip
For more information about the Chobe day trip please visit the link below. We have included this in the cost of the retreat as it is highly recommended for maximum viewing potential of wildlife as November is the peak season for this.
Included in the retreat are the following:
- Bed and breakfast/brunch (deluxe room for 7 nights)
- 2 Yoga classes per day (Vinyasa and Restorative/Nidra- suitable for all ages and abilities)
- Airport transfers
- Dinner x 3 (river cruise dinners and Boma dinner)
- Chobe day trip (see below)
- 2 Ayurveda and mindfulness sessions
- All day tea and coffee
Things that are not included in the retreat:
- Flights to Victoria Falls International Airport (suggested airlines are Ethiopian Airlines, Kenyan Airlines, British Airways, South African Airways, Emirates). It is recommended that you book your flights as soon as possible because the price will go up as we move nearer to the retreat start date.
- Zimbabwean single entry tourist visa (USD 30) which is purchased on arrival.
- Any extra activities that are not listed above (see sheet attached, there are some amazing opportunities!)
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Dinners on 4 of the nights (we have kept 4 nights flexible as there are many options for eating out in the town or at the lodge)
The price listed below is for shared twin deluxe rooms (these all have en suites and air conditioning). If you would rather a single or an executive room there will be a supplement to pay and you will need to inform us as soon as possible, as this will depend on the availability of the rooms at the lodge.
To reserve your place on this retreat a non-refundable deposit of USD 350 is required.
|Early Bird||USD 2600||Full amount paid by 31st December 2017|
|Standard||USD 2900||Full amount paid by 31st July 2018|
To benefit from the early bird price the payment can be either made in full or via two instalments before 31st December 2017.
The standard price can be either made in full or via two instalments before 31st July 2018.
This retreat will have a maximum of 15 places available. We have already had lots of interest in this incredible retreat; make sure to let us know if you’d like to be one of the 15!
PDF Fact Sheet
For more information please download our PDF Fact Sheet.